I have put some of my favorite posts on the first page, but I soon realized that there were a lot of favorites and a lot of categories and areas that I have an interest in. Also, some of my posts took a while to load and that seemed annoying when anyone wanted to get to my site. Thus, I have decided to put this post on the first page so that this will be the ultimate signifer which will point to some of my areas of interest. These are projects that I’ve been thinking about or something that I found really insightful. I will update this as interests continue.
Benatar: Better Never to Have Been
- In part one, I went through Benatar’s argument on why coming into existence is a harm.
- In part two, I went through Benatar’s argument on just how harmful coming into existence is.
- In part three, I went through Benatar’s anti-natalism.
- In part four, I went through Benatar’s “Pro-Death” view of the abortion debate.
- In part five, I went through Benatar’s argument on why the humans should become extinct.
- In part six, I went through his concluding remarks which entails certain objections and Benatar’s replies, suicide, death, religious views, and optimism vs. pessimism.
History of Philosophy
Living and Dying
Love, Sex, Marriage and Relationships
- Various Philosophers on Erotic Love, Flirting and Marriage.
- Various Philosophers on Sex.
- Various Philosophers on Relationships: Polyamory, the Family, Friendship, and Singledom.
- On Keeping and Dissolving Friends.
- Contract vs. Communitive Sexuality.
- Charts on Sexual Attitudes
- Book Review: Marriage, a History:From Obedience to Intimacy or How Love Conquered Marriage by Stephanie Coontz
- Learned Helplessness
- Locke has a Strange Way of Acquiring Property
- “Fighting for our Freedom” is simply rhetoric
- The Dark Knight and the State of Nature
- My position on Demi-Vegetarianism
- Can you exercise the will?