- Some states require women to look at an ultrasound before an abortion. The argument behind this is that this would hopefully form a bond between the mother and the fetus and the mother would change her mind and continue with the pregnancy. A new study shows that a woman’s behavior and thoughts hardly change after seeing the ultrasound.
- More abortion restrictions were enacted between 2011-2013 than in the entire previous decade:
- Here’s another reason why MTV’s “Teen Mom” or “16 and Pregnant” should be considered a harmful show.
- On the other hand, the show could have prevented as much as 20,000 teen births in 2010.
- Raising the minimum wage is a good idea and experts agree.
- People often blame procrastination on lack of will power. However, new research suggests that it have to do with our moods.
- What would the United States look like if every succession and state partition movement had succeeded: http://andrewshears.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/USNeverWasBig.png
- 40 maps that explain the world.
- 40 MORE maps of the world.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy is going to debate a Creationist on Feb. 4th.
- There’s a research team of extracting energy from photosynthesis. In other words, maybe I could power my computer with a plant.
- What makes feminist porn “feminist.”
- Sexting among adolescents are more likely to engage in other sexually risky behaviors.
- Let’s think about sexual consent in terms of food.
- Some scientific data about your brain on porn where the authors argue that it can be addictive because your brain becomes desensitized to dopamine.